Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Weed Hounds: "At Night [Demo]"


Recently it was brought to my attention that the beloved Long Island-to-Brooklyn dream pop band Weed Hounds have broken up, after an all-too-short three year run. My heart sunk a bit when I heard this because I loved them-- their debut tape and 7" were staples in my New Afternoon Show repertoire. And their 2009 live set was without a doubt one of my favorites. Anyway: lo and behold, a new demo has surfaced on Soundcloud. The track was apparently recorded over a year ago and will be included on an upcoming Katorga Works 12". This will presumably be their final release until the inevitable 2016 reissues series and/or compilation of B-sides and rarities. (I hope!)



Sigh. At least that other shoegaze band is repressing some stuff soon though, right?

No comments: