Sunday, July 11, 2010

mp3s: My Majestic Star, Markus Mehr


RIYL: Tim Hecker, My Bloody Valentine, Slowdive

mp3: My Majestic Star - "Crampling"
mp3: Markus Mehr - "Hubble"

I am always ecstatic to see new emails and records from Hidden Shoal Recordings, a Perth, Western Australia-based label who have quickly become one of my favorite experimental music outposts over the past year. They consistently release adventurous ambient/drone, shoegaze and pop that is radiant and textured and expansive and dense with incandescent ticks from around the world. (See our previous post on Rome's Elisa Luu.)

Above, download "Hubble" from Augsburg, Germany-based Markus Mehr's ambient debut, Lava. Also download My Majestic Star's "Crampling," an otherwordly piece of shimmering shoegaze pop with an entrancing cello line from the Perth band's 2009 album I Haven’t Got It In Me.

No comments: